New Year’s Eve is that one time a year where people seem to give themselves almost a type of rebirth. A time when they can start over and make things right for the new upcoming year. Many focus and rebuilding relationships, getting into shape, eating a better diet, getting married, and many others. This is a time when we can really examine ourselves to see what we can change to make ourselves a better person.
These are the 20 New Year’s resolutions everyone should try to make:
Even when you are happy and when you are sad; embrace the emotional side of yourself. It is healing and can really help you embrace life.
2. If you want someone to actually commit themselves to you, tell them.
Don’t just settle being someone’s bed buddy, especially if that is not what you are looking for. “Together” is that awkward place between talking and dating. This hell shouldn’t have to last forever.
3. Shop locally and stop spending all of your money at big box stores that have no interest in your community or the people in it.
You as the consumer control the economy; so you should go to a local cafe instead of stopping in at Starbucks.
4. Resend that text that was not answered. DO NOT BE IGNORED!
5. Try to pull off a fashion trend that you have never tried before.
Do it with bold confidence. Whatever fashion trend you are cautiously avoiding go ahead and give it a shot, you can do it.
6. Don’t keep checking your Twitter news feed when you are out with friends.
7. Conquer any fear you have. I personally fear squats.
8. Just go ahead and turn off your smartphone at dinner.
9. Help out someone that you don’t know. You know the whole “pay it forward” idea.
Oh ya and don’t write about on Facebook.
10. Work on strengthening your relationships with your family.
11. Stop getting upset at yourself for eating dessert.
12. Start a journal.
You don’t have to use it everyday but anything in your life that has some kind of meaning and impact you should write about it. That way you can look back and see what happened and it’s therapeutic too.
13. Cross something off of that bucket list of yours.
Scuba diving, bungee jumping, skydiving, etc. Don’t make some lame excuse why you can’t do something and just do it.
14. Try leaving your phone number with someone.
Hey the worst thing that could happen is that you will not get a phone call back and maybe you will feel a little embarrassed. You have to put yourself out there if you are going to ever going to find the right person.
15. Get rid of those people we call “frenemies”.
Being around people that you don’t even like is not going to make 2015 any better.
16. Stop beating yourself up for missing a day at the gym when you truly had a busy day and couldn’t make it.
At the same time stop making excuses why you cannot make it to the gym on days you had plenty of time.
17. Get rid of enemies in your life.
Be an adult and apologize for what you did wrong and forgive those that wronged you.
18. Stop posting negative crap about celebs all over social media.
Justin Bieber does not care what you think of his tattoos, Gwyneth Paltrow couldn’t care less regarding what you think about her diet, and Miley Cyrus does not care what you think about her haircut.
19. Take an international trip somewhere.
If you cannot afford leaving the country try finding some sort of charity work that you can sign up for to work abroad. Some might even sponsor you.
20. Step into the new year holding no resentments.
Resentments will hold you in the past and keep you from becoming the person you need to be this new year. Start with a fresh slate and have an amazing 2015!
Use the button below to SHARE this with friends.