We are clobbered daily by news of events gone wrong – people not stepping in, exploiting or committing crimes. We are very happy to say that this story offers the exact opposite. These men, women and kids opted to do the right thing – not what was convenient or safe for them – but put themselves out there to help someone else. As you will see, these special “someones” are of both the two and for legged variety!
So let your day be lifted again and again with these wonderful windows into the lives of heroes you’ve never heard about…Enjoy!
1. Someone was having a baaaaad day but it just got much better!
2. Kitty in the arms of her hero.
3. Kindness she will NEVER forget
4. Open doors, open shelves
5. An Olympic moment with far less notoriety – well done!
6. “Mom” is grateful
7. It’s nice to be back on solid ground
8. Now that’s the spirit!
9. Receiving is not always easy
10. Another kitty and hero
11. Sometimes it takes a village
12. Sometimes it’s better to serve in secret…
13. …especially when times are rough
14. It’s nice to know there is a place to go
16. Way to honor our elders!!!!
17. The language might not be so great, but the heart is in the right place
18. These are upstanding citizens we dream exist – would you do the same thing? Would you be the change you want to see around you and in leaders?
19. We never know what someone has been through or why they do what they do
20. Sometimes we need to lean on each other more than we think
21. We take care of our friends…
22. …again and again
23. Someone contemplating taking their own life that day might have a change of heart because of something like this
24. We honor those who serve, no matter how many legs they have.
25. Some are called to lay down their lives
26. Can’t we all just get along?
27. Nothing is ever truly out of reach
28. Community at its finest
29. Thanks buddy – my home burned down
30. A life is a life
31. Wonder what they meant by “hot” (*grin*)
33. 1-2-3 Push!
34. Some folks just want to connect
35. A magic moment she’ll never forget
36. A hero in the making…
37. …and the day in the life of one